Guideline on anterior cruciate ligament injury.
Meuffels DE, Poldervaart MT, Diercks RL, Fievez AW, Patt TW, Hart CP, Hammacher ER, Meer FV, Goedhart EA, Lenssen AF, Muller-Ploeger SB, Pols MA, Saris DB. Acta Orthop. 2012 Aug 20. [Epub ahead of print]
The Dutch Orthopaedic Association has released “recommendations from the multidisciplinary clinical guideline working group for anterior cruciate ligament injury.” The guidelines address eight clinical questions…
“1. What is the role of physical examination and additional diagnostic tools?
2. Which patient-related outcome measures should be used?
3. What are the relevant parameters that influence the indication for an ACL reconstruction?
4. Which findings or complaints are predictive of a bad result of an ACL injury treatment?
5. What is the optimal timing for surgery for an ACL injury?
6. What is the outcome of different conservative treatment modalities?
7. Which kind of graft gives the best result in an ACL reconstruction?
8. What is the optimal postoperative treatment concerning rehabilitation, resumption of sports, and physiotherapy?”